Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another Baby Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Three weeks ago we lost our Tinkerbelle to Cushing's Disease.  We spent many years training in agility and then competing as a team.  She was a dog that followed direction to the letter even when I could tell she knew I was wrong.  And believe me I was wrong more than once.   She was amazing until she got to hot or tired then nothing on earth could move her.  She loved the obstacles in the courses except for the teter.  She did not like the loud bang when it came down, but she hated any loud sounds no matter where they came from. She was a dog who could be such a girl and run her mouth until she got what she wanted.  Nothing could dissuade her from the course she was on.  I was with her when she passed over and I will always be grateful   that I had the courage to be there.  She was my partner, an amazing part of a team that could not have been without her.  In the past year and nine months we have lost three of the dearest shelties anyone could ask for.  It has been heart breaking to lose them and although they are gone they will never be forgotten.

In my next post I will introduce you to the new fur children who will be joining our family on May 18, 2010. 

No comments: