Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another Snowy Wet Day in New England

We awoke to the storm that has swept across the country these past few days. I am thinking that we had about 7-8 inches at 5 AM. By the time we left for work a hour later it was changing over to sleet and as we drove the 11 miles into work it changed to rain. The city was and still is, from reports coming in, a mess. I will carefully make my daily foray to the park at lunch time to get away from ringing phones and just have some quiet time. That is my time and I do not stay inside the building.

I have been searching on the internet for RV information, used units for sale, places to go and things to do while traveling. It is a great way to pass an evening especially with dial-up service and encouraging to think that winter is not that far from its end. While temperatures are hovering around 30 degrees F and I look out the window to see the camper covered and surrounded by snow I so long for the summer and green grass. It is much easier to mow that to shovel. I am looking forward to being on the road and not having to deal with either one.

I have been watching the travel channel on TV lately with many shows on things to see and do right here in the US. I have spent little time in the west and next to none in the southwest so it is one area of the country I really want to visit. One of my co-workers travels to Arizona once a year to spend time with her father. She comes back with tales of many places they visit and it makes me want to go sooner rather than later to see all these wonderful places. I am thinking it would be fun to start planning my first trip here on my blog and try to get pictures and a map to chart the planned route.

I have been comparing Class A motor homes and trying to decide which make and model I would prefer. I am leaning toward a Newmar Mountain Aire approx 3-5 years old with low miles. I really like the amount of storage and the floor plans available. I would like a diesel pusher, but that would depend on price. Many people have told me that the Newmar products are good quality so even though I hear good things about Tiffin MH I am not in love with the floor plans and storage available. I have time to look and find exactly what I will be happy with. Right now we have a 26' Rockwood which is OK for a weekend or vacation, but definitely not to live in.

I am off to find a map and get started on my virtual cross country adventure.

Have a great day!!
Debs

No comments: