Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Again, we were hit with another storm yesterday. I was not happy driving home in it last night and I was certainly not happy at 5:30 this morning when I had to go out and clean off my car so I could get into work.

BUT! I have to tell you that when I left the house it was almost daylight and this storm above all the others reminded me just how beautiful winter can be in New England. It is a heavy wet snow that will tell this old back all about it tonight when I have to get out and clean up around the walkways and what the plow guy leaves behind, but for that few minutes this morning I was able to just enjoy the picture postcard that is New England in winter.

ON THE OTHER HAND!
I am beginning to make lists of things to start the downsize process in the hopes that we will be ready to start our full time RV lifestyle in the next 4 years. I would love it if I could start it sooner than later, but I am looking at the 4 year time line. We have stuff to get rid of and work to do on our house which has been under constant renovation for the past 13 years. We were getting so much accomplished that it seemed there would be an end to the process when my DH became disabled in 2000 after surgery on his cervical spine. Now when things get done they come between what I need and my sons activities. He is great about helping me and I really try not to expect him to be there all the time. But now I need to step up the pace and get it finished.

I have pretty much narrowed my wish list for a Class A Motor Home down to the Newmar models and will be looking at one approximately 4-5 years old when the time comes. I hope to find a dealer somewhere nearby so I can actually see one in person. I really like the floor plans of the Mountain Aire so am hoping to find one of those in a price range I can live with. I know I need to wait to purchase, but at least we can look at the MH we have in the surrounding areas.

I have been watching a lot of shows on things and places to visit here in the US along with many RVing groups I belong to here on the web and I have quite a list of places I want to visit once I can hit the road. I have seen a lot of the country from the cab of a TT, but due to schedules and time constraints, not to mention the size of the rig, it was not always possible to visit many of the things I would have liked. I want to see the sights of the US that are not on the sides of interstates.

I am off to lunch and errands so everyone have a great day.
Debs

No comments: