Thursday, May 24, 2012

This, the second day of my journey started at 3:30 AM with Duncan getting restless and jumping off the bed.  I had to get up and take him out to potty so was pretty much up for the day.  While we were outside I happened to see a deer grazing across the road near a comfort station which was kind of cool.  Not the first I have ever seen, but the first in the middle of the night. 

I had a Keurig coffee maker which was given to me at work and I found out last night that it was not working anymore.  It had been on its last leg when I took it so didn't think it was going to last long, but the kicker was I left the ordinary one I had originally at home so was without one at all.  Thinking cap on I took a coffee filter put some coffee in it.  Heated water in the microwave and poured it through the filter.  Walla coffee for one.  You don't even want to know what I am like with no coffee when I wake up.  Today I made the trip to Kmart and bought an el cheapo one so tomorrow I will have it ready when I wake up, that is if I sleep till 5 AM otherwise I will be waiting for it to brew. 

Rising before the crack of dawn put me way ahead of schedule and I was on the road at 7:30 arriving here at 10:30 and had camp set up and inside put to rights by noon - Wahoo.  Then it was off to find coffee maker and water so left Duncan in the camper while I was gone.  Way to hot to leave him in the truck.






Oh, I am so proud of myself.  I worried all the way over this morning because I knew I was going to have to back into a site, they have no pull through sites here at PA Dutch Campground.  I took my time finding a site and when I did it took just one shoot and I was in and lined up nicely to hook everything up.





I didn't take to many pictures today as traffic was heavy and I couldn't play with the camera and drive too.  There are three campers across the street from Mass. One of the ladies was telling me today that she is also lost her husband 7 years ago.  She told me she sold her camper because she was afraid to pull it and travel by herself.  No way would I have done that.  I told Les, more than two years ago,  that if he thought the camper was going to sit idle then he had better think again.  Yes, there is some fear in this first trip, but not fear of pulling it. 

Tomorrow I am off to pick up my sister-in-law and we are going to the Green Dragon Flea Market.  My one tribute to Les will be to have an ice cream cone at his favorite stand there.  It is homemade and amazingly creamy,  my hips will love me.  It is a fun place to go and one memory I will relive as it was a place Les looked forward to going when we came here.


I am trying to remember that:  Life can change in a moment, so we must appreciate every single day we are given.
K Carlson

Until Next Time .................

4 comments:

dayspring39 said...

Yea to you and Duncan... good job... I sat here smiling as you said one try and you were in your spot! Soos would understand your fear for sure...
Kathleen

TravelingLongdogs said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it. Everyone with a brain has some concern about a new experience but you are well on your way to conquering those initial concerns. It is definitely okay to ask for help if you really need it but make sure that you actually need it first. You'll feel so much better about yourself.

Dawn Shive Artwork said...

You go girl. One try! I am proud of you. I replaced our Kuerig with a cheepo too. Are you sure we're not twins in some way? We have got to meet up at some point as we learn to do all this on our own.

Dawn Shive Artwork said...

Read your profile. I was born in Hanover, avid crafter too. Twins? LOL