Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Off To Delaware Seashore State Park

Monday - it was to hot to do much of anything.  I thought about going to Hershey gardens, but when I got over to the Outlet Mall it was so hot I went into a few stores, but only found one blouse I liked and I refused to pay $30 dollars for a tank top with a few ruffles on it.  Nope, NOT happening.  I decided that even roses couldn't entice me to stand in that heat for a couple of hours so I headed back to the campground.  I did find a couple of pairs of shorts at Walmart cheap.  Made a macaroni salad and just vegged out the rest of the day. 

Tuesday - On the move to Delaware Seashore State Park where I got to meet another online friend of many years.  I started following her blog  The Quinn's Awesome Journey  about 4 years ago and it was such fun reading the current posts that I went back and read them all.  We became members of the same womens RV forums and then facebook friends.  Snookie has been a large part of my support team over the last 9 months and I have enjoy our chats immensely.  She popped in and we chatted and chatted never seeming to run out of words. It goes to prove that you can make friends where ever and when ever the opportunity arises.  I will get some pictures of us together before I leave here

The state park if just under across the street from the Atlantic so I hope to take a walk over today. We are actually on an island so there is water all around us.  The inlet on one side with the new bridge in the back ground.
Night view of the bridge.
It is very hard to get the full effect of the lighting  with a camera.  All of the cables are light from below and are beautiful.  I will practice more the next couple of nights and see if I can do better. 
View of the campground I am at.





No trees, lots of sand, smell of saltwater, although it is hot and humid  its beautiful.  There are sea gulls everywhere and I woke to the sound of them this morning.  For me it was a good thing, but Snookie says it gets old fast. LOL!!!!

Duncan managed AGAIN! to get tangled up in my feet yesterday and I went down AGAIN!  couple of bruises on my knees and a nasty scrape on my elbow.  I have to find some big bandages today as it takes three to cover it.  Not pretty.  When will I ever learn to watch for him! 

I just read on Facebook that the highway to my house is closed.  Flooding ?- trees down? what!   I have not gotten a call from my neighbor so I guess I still have a house.  If not what can I do from here?  The storms predicted last night did not materialize to any great degree here in Delaware.  I noticed some rain drops on the truck this morning when I went out with Duncan, but did not hear or feel much during the night.  It was very windy here yesterday, but seems to have calmed down this morning.  It is somewhat overcast and humid as all get out.  The minute you walk out the door it feels like a sauna.  I would like to see it rain just to cool things down a bit.  I am not used to real heat at the seashore.  New England beaches are not this humid most of the time. 

More later as I get out and explore some and take a walk over to the ocean side.  I would like to see the sun come up before I leave here on Friday.  I will be taking the Cape May Ferry across the bay to NJ and am looking forward to that trip.  I love to be out on the water in any kind of water craft so the ferry is just the ticket for me.  I have taken a car across, but never done it with the camper.  It is a lot cheaper than if I drive back around the bay with gas and another 15.00 in tolls.  At least the roads are good down here so the toll money seems to be used for upkeep on them.

I am trying to remember that:  Life can change in a moment, so we must appreciate every single day we are given.
K Carlson

Until Next Time .................


2 comments:

TravelingLongdogs said...

I am just loving your trip and you are a great writer. As a dachshund "Mom", I have to tell you that the secret is to teach him to watch out for YOU not the other way around. Tell him NO when he wraps around you. I have 3 so this is important. And when you actually get old, it's even more important. lol. My dachsies all have short hair so I guess you will be brushing out a little more sand than I have to but they make good little traveling companions.

dayspring39 said...

you are moving right along... Oh Walmart is all I usually see when I am on the road...
Hope you enjoy the sea shore...