Wednesday, August 21, 2013

AHHHHH RETIREMENT !

Today was the third day I didn't have to wake up before daylight to get ready for work - SWEET!!!!
But it was also the third day I was awake before daylight.  I don't think old habits will die easily.

Packing continues to go well and the camper is filling up.  I am already rearranging things to suit and am rethinking things, that are or I should say, I thought were important to take.  The excitement is building and I can not believe that I am a week away from leaving.  It seemed in January that this time would never get here.  Making lists and posting notes everywhere is the order of the day.  Today is the day we stock up on Duncan's food and treats so we will have time to search out a store that carries it when we get out to Arizona.

First leg of the journey is to the Delaware Water gap and a day at Bushkill Falls with a stop to pick up my senior pass for national parks and such.  It gives me free entrance to parks and also half price camping.

Yesterday I learned a very valuable tidbit of information from a friend I was talking to online.  We were talking about the native Americans and tribal laws when it popped up that you can not leave a state or county road traveling through the reservations and wander by yourself without a Native American with you.  Good fact for this tenderfoot to learn before hand not that I would be tempted to wander alone in the desert but Just Sayin.  I can just see me off on the hunt for minerals and get locked up for being where I am not supposed to be.  Think I will wait for the gem show in January at Quartzside.  Have the jewelry supplies in the camper already.

This will be short today and I will get some pictures of the changes made to the camper posted before I leave very green New England and head for the  dryer climate of the Southwest.


1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

How exciting! I've rearranged things in my 5th wheel many times especially when I've been out on the road a longer period. It just takes a while to figure out what works best.