Thursday, August 29, 2013

LIFE BEGINS ON THE ROAD

IMG_0376 Today was all about nature and exercise.  After seeing the signs for Dingman Falls and Bushkill Falls each time I have visited the Delaware Water Gap in PA I made time to visit them.  When I arrived at Dingman Falls this morning it seemed deserted except for one lady just returning to her car.  We started chatting and we decided to walk into the falls together.  It was a good distance to the falls, but so enjoyable for us both.  She was on her way to Washington DC to visit her daughter and decided to take a break and work the kinks out.  There was a sign that said no pets allowed except for service dogs.  Well let me tell ya,  Duncan became a service dog this morning cause he went with us.

IMG_0371 IMG_0373

The first picture was of a small but very pretty waterfall and then on to Dingman Falls which was really lovely.

 

 

 

Then on to Bushkill Falls -  And of course I forgot the entrance picture.  Now this was quite interesting in that it seemed more for hiking than for just viewing the falls.  There are 8 in all and it is mostly up hill to get to them. Now call me chicken, but this old lady did much more today than she has in awhile.  The ranger at the entrance told me that the blue trail would be the least strenuous for Duncan having the least amount of stairs.  The terrain is rough and rocky so very natural. 

DSCF0253 DSCF0259

 

Then of course the wild life caught Duncan’s attention and here he is in the “lets get it mode”.  He saw a chipmunk.

DSCF0252 

A glimpse of the first falls on the trail. Then I will call it a night and do another post tomorrow after I make the move to Lancaster. PA .  All in all it was a great day and though tired I was amazed that once I hit the shower I felt great.

DSCF0262

1 comment:

ellenw said...

Deborah - I'm just working on catching up, since you're about 2 months ahead of me in your journey. When you drove from Dingman's Falls to Bushkill Falls, you must have gone through Dingman's Ferry. That's 3 miles downstream from the summer home I grew up in. It's gone now, taken over by the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. But before that happened, it was home to me for 18 years, before I left for college. Very fond, nostalgic memories...