Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 29, 2013 Bushkill Falls, Bushkill PA

To continue on with the post on Bushkill Falls.  Duncan and I had a great day wandering through the trails taking the advice of the lady at the gate, but then we got brave and I decided that the yellow trail didn’t look to hard not that Duncan had a choice in the matter.  Well it was a shocker to say the least.  I didn’t count them but it seemed like a hundred steps to the bottom of the falls and that was OK.   We viewed the falls took many pictures and then looked around for the exit.  OH MY GOD!!  I realized that now I had to go back up what looked like another 100 steps to get back to the top.  These were taken on the way down.  The one picture looking all the way down into the bottom you can see the steps going back up, but I just, in my usual fashion thought “Oh What the Heck” we have started lets just keep going.  Well this old girl decided that if ever I am going to have a heart attack or stroke it would have been that day.  But we made it out and had a wonderful time just being outside. 






 The following are of the falls and I am sure not as grand as Niagara Falls but lovely in the setting they are in. 





 
 
 
 
 

I have to get a pedometer so I can keep track of the miles I walk.  I have calculated that WE walked about 4 miles that day and maybe more.  This is a new beginning and we gotta get me trimmed up and keep Duncan slim and trim.

Please forgive the delay in posting.  I am trying to get used to new computer (Windows 8) and at the same time trying to use Microsoft Live Writer, which is not going to well. And to top it all off I am learning a new photo editing program all the while trying to spend some time with my brother and his family.


Until next time……….

No comments: