Saturday, September 14, 2013

HOW TIME DOES FLY!

September 7-12, 2013

It seems I am falling behind here.  I have no idea where this week has gone.  Robin and I spent last Friday at the Green Dragon Flea Market.  I bought a few things, but nothing heavy as I can not add weight to this camper so I have to keep it small.  Souvenirs are a thing of the past as I know my children will have no use for them so that leaves jewelry and I have a thing for bracelets lately and those I wear all the time.  Got some really cool Purple sunglasses, kind of Hollywood glam, made especially to go over prescription glasses and they go really well with my new frames this year.  And of course we then the we had to stop for the ice cream cone at Les's favorite ice cream stand.  Robin had to work the weekend so I vegged out at the campground and let them have a break from me.  Sunday I went over did laundry and cooked dinner while Rob worked and the guys.

Tuesday we were off to visit Intercourse PA just to nose around the shops and have a girls day out. Robin and I were wandering though one gift shop when I spotted a prairie bonnet with the wide brim and Rob wanted to take a picture of me in it.  It was silly, but I think I would have made a good prairie wife - What do you think?


Tuesday the weather changed and we had the humidity move back in so I turned on the AC in the camper and nothing happened!  Oh the fan came on and the compressor tried but (OH NO!!!!) would not come on.  Now what do I do - I am headed into the south and off to the desert I had to figure out what it might be and get it fixed if at all possible, or sleep as I knew it would become miserable. Just running the fans on Tuesday made it bearable, but not comfortable.  I was telling a friend what was going on and he suggested that it might be the start up capacitor.  So Wednesday morning I headed for the office to ask if there was anyone locally who could come and look at it.  They called a local RV repair who referred us to a mobile repair.  If anyone ever has an issue in the Lancaster area I can recommend Lefever's Mobile RV Repair.  The techs name was John and he was very prompt calling me back and very professional while he was doing the repair.  Luckily it was just the capacitor, but it put a dent in my budget just the same.  So 200.00 later I was good to go on with no worry that it was the compressor and Duncan and I will be cool and sleep in peace.  My gas mileage is running about 11.7 mpg while pulling the camper so am pleased with that. 

So Murphy's law is in full force but am trying not to focus on what can happen and hope and pray we stay safe and sound.

 Wednesday we had dinner and Tom and Robin helped me break up camp and pack things away as I was leaving on Thursday.  Goodbyes are always sad and a few tears crept in but I think ahead and find joy that I am doing just what I want to in my life for now.  

Thursday we headed out and stopped when I felt like and we walked and had lunch along the way.  I think it was the first time on this trip that I took time along the way.  The move to Williamsburg was uneventful and we were in and set up by 4 PM.  Tomorrow is my first day in  Williamsburg since 1987.  The last time I was here it was with a group of 15 Boy Scouts from Pascoag, RI. 

Until next time.........

1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

Very cool prairie bonnet. Looks great. Glad that you got the A/C fixed so quickly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colleen Phipps (longdog2)
Traveling with The Longdogs
http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/