Saturday, September 28, 2013

AMAZING FOOD AND NEW FRIENDS





My Hosts this week.  Lori and Doc Sloan and Gwen and Andy Colson

 I am finding that the best part of this traveling is meeting and seeing new and old friends.  Southern hospitality has no equal on earth.  The personal camping site has been extended to me if I am in the are and Lori and Doc are not.   How wonderful to have a place like this with a fenced yard for Duncan to run and play.  But the future remains up in the air and in jello form so who knows.


My last day with Lori and Doc we did nothing but gab, drink wine and eat really amazing food.  I have to tell you that my mother was one person that always said you have to be polite and I thank you very much for that advice MOM!  I have never been a fan of Salmon or Brussell sprouts.  But I have to tell you that I am a fan of Andy's recipe for salmon and the way Doc made roasted sprouts.  I let everyone else share the oysters, but I so much enjoyed the broth with crackers.  I remember Les used to make oyster stew and turn it into chowder for me so I had something with my crackers.  But much better without potatoes.

A tearful goodby was said that evening and off I went to get ready for travel on Friday.  Six hours drive and I find myself in Clermont, FL.  I have no sense of day or time at this point and I am so happy not to have worry about schedules anymore.  I had a reservation here at Thousand Trails Orlando from 9/27 to 10/10.  After that time I am foot loose until I have to be in Arizona on October 21.  No reservations no plans other than to hopefully meet new friends and visit with my granddaughter in Louisiana.

I slept with exhaustion waking up several times with a crams in my legs which is probably from not taking my Vitamin D on a regular basis.  it happens and is no big deal, but i need to remember meds all the time....

Today I am off to explore the area and get my bearings.  Check out more of the campground and then just relax for the day.

Tomorrow I will see my friend Patti and I am so looking forward to that.  Will take some pics today and post later.

Always remember just how GOOD LIFE IS !!!!

Until next time.....






Salmon Filet right off the boat.  Can't get any fresher than that.


Cut and Marinateing.

Mine was a little more medium well done that this plate, but still moist and juicy.

No oysters in my bowl.

 All I know was that Andy asked for lemon pepper, fresh lemon, worchestershire sauce, season salt  and olive oil. I didn't see how much of each that he put on so will never duplicate it. Doc used an herb mix of his own design and olive oil.  Will just have to come back to Georgia for cooking lessons

1 comment:

ellenw said...

Yum! It all looks wonderful!