Thursday, September 26, 2013

SPECIAL TIME SPENT WITH FRIENDS I MET ONLINE

SEPTEMBER 25, 2013

Woke up to rain this morning, but slept all night for a change.  Thank God for exhaustion and my friend Ambien.  I was asleep before 9:30 and slept till about 6 all in all it was a good night.

Once it stopped raining Lori and Doc came to pick me up for lunch which was at a restaurant that is a local gathering place with amazing food.



I did take a picture of lunch but was so out of focus I couldn't tell what it was.  Another amazing fish sandwich was the order of the day.  

Later we took a short tour of the area which was fun and took pictures which I will share, a lot of what we saw was historical in nature, but don't have a lot of information to share.

I do know that Darien, Georgia was leveled during General Sherman's march through Georgia except for one house and if the story is true that one was left because the lady of the house gave it up to one of Sherman's upper officers or he himself, I really don't know the facts of the matter, but an interesting concept to speculate on. 

On to the tour!

The houseboats in the background were so beautiful.  I could live in one of those.


The marina where we had lunch.  It would be so nice to be out on the water on a sunny day with a fishing pole and sunscreen. Not a beer drinker so ice water for me.


This Egret was just standing on the railing outside the restaurant when we came out and as soon as I tried to get a picture it started walking away,


Below are a couple of churches that we went by I thought were interesting.







This was just for the lovely avenue with the amazing moss hanging from the trees.




Historical Sugar and Gin Mill  Hope the sign is readable enlarged.  Quite interesting.
Through the gate to the left you can just see the ruins of the sugar mill.

 
Along this road was a house for sale barely visible among the trees it was beautiful.  Mind started thinking of all the yard work involved to clear out to the house and realized that what I was seeing was a way to create privacy from the road.  Here they mix shells in the concrete to make walls as a way of recycling the oyster and other shells from this region.



 Doc wanted to show me a special campground he thought would be a fun place to stay.  Warped sense of humer he has when he told me it was a nudist campground.  Now here is a thought provoking picture.  How do you think a 64 year old woman would look running around in the nude -  NAAA I DON'T WANT TO EVEN CONTEMPLATE HOW THAT WOULD LOOK!!!!!  The picture I took did not come out clear enough to post and there was not much to see anyway.  LOL

WHEN LIFE OVERWHELMS YOU !!!!!
NEXT TIME REMEMBER HOW GOOD LIFE IS!


UNTIL NEXT TIME.......




 

1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

Even though the weather looked somewhat threatening, it was a nice siteseeing tour.