Saturday, September 7, 2013

Gettysburg National Military Park


 
 
 
 
 
 



On Thursday I made the trek to Gettysburg and just spent the day wandering around the battlefield.  Since the last time I was there they have built a new visitors center about a mile from where it used to be.  I didn't spend a lot of time there because while a beautiful day I could not leave Duncan in the truck because while a beautiful day I could not find a shaded spot to park so we did the auto tour and got out and walked when we could.  Many of the monuments were taken from inside the truck because there is just so many of them and plaques from every regiment from both sides where they were assigned during the battle.  It was a beautiful day to be outside,  I took a lot of pictures so this is a picture intensive post.  There is much written about the battle so I won't go into detail spouting facts and figures for there are many web sites that can do a much better job than I can.

On with the pictures.......
 
General Lee

 

A group of soldiers from all walks of life.


 





 

 

 
Many more to come but this would be slow to download so will do another post later today with pictures from Little Round Top.
 
Until next time..........
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

was it a beautiful day?