Wednesday, August 28, 2013

LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!

Good Morning  - the day has finally arrived for me to leave the northeast to live out my dream.  I have been calling it D-day.  My departure this morning is a culmination of many years of planning and dreaming of traveling around our great country to see what is over the next hill.

I was awake at 2AM and made myself stay in bed until 3 and that was as long as I could stand it.  Up with coffee in hand I filled my wonderful claw foot tub for the last time this year anyway.  I have truly treasured the hours I have just spend soaking in that tub and I know it will be a long time before I get to do it again. 

Packed up the last of the " I HAVE TO HAVE" things now will have to spend time putting or I should say finding places to put them away.  I left home at 7:20 and arrived in PA 2PM.  Put on 256 miles today.  I was ready to call it a day having only had about 3 1/2 hours sleep last night.

All in all it was a good and bad day.  Somewhere I lost my bicycle.  We thought we had it secure in the bike rake, but alas it was not.  I have no idea where it ended up but appears to have come loose from the rack.  LUCKILY IT WAS USED AND NOT AN EXPENSIVE NEW ONE!!  But still I liked it because it was just a 5 speed and only had rear brakes on the handlebar so there was no danger of sending me over the handlebars. LOL  Ya gotta remember I am an old lady and hadn't been on a bike in over 30 years.  No new fangled one for me.  AND IT WAS PINK :-((((

We are set up at Outdoor World Timothy Lake campground in East Stroudsburg, PA until Friday when we move down to Lancaster for 13 days.  Tomorrow I plan to hike up to Bushkill Falls so will have some pictures to share of them.  There are a series of 8 water falls and we can walk along and over them so it should be a good day and Duncan can go with me so that is a plus.  He definitely does not like to be left alone in the camper which could be a problem he will have to get used to when I start working at Quail Run.

I am done in for today and hopefully I can stay awake long enough to get a good night sleep and not be up running around all night again.  Gonna take Duncan for a walk and wear us both out completely.  He has been a sleep all day and absolutely no conversationalist at all today other than to bark at other dogs he saw.

Until next time.............

1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

Sorry about the bike Debs but at least it didn't fly off and hit someone following you....at least as far as you know. I headed out in my RV today too but it is just a very long, long weekend trip. Guess I better get on my blog tonight too. Hope you sleep well tonight. You made it through the first day so the rest of it is a piece of cake.