Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sunny New England


Oh, but wait a minute and it is apt to change. We have the craziest changes in weather here in the northeast. It is a common saying here, if you don't like the weather just wait a minute and it will change. Today we are windy and only 30 degrees, but the sun is shining and it looks beautiful outside. Tomorrow they are predicting snow changing over to rain. I hate the change over as there is just enough snow in my yard to turn it all to ice again and these old bones just don't bend as well they used to and it seems a lot further to the ground now. Will have to call and have it sanded when the rain stops.

Last night I was online looking for a tutorial for a flower I knew I saved and could not find. It made me realize that while I had spent a month organizing my craft room last summer I still need to organize all of my tutorials and patterns in note books or files of some kind. Many people share tutorials for miniatures on all the groups and forums I belong to so when I find one I think I might want to do I print it out and save it in a file cabinet or with my supplies for that type of project. I do this simply because the old brain does not always remember where it sees something online. Usually when I decide I am going to do something I do not want to waste time looking all over the web for it.

I, also, have huge files on my computer of flowers in different colors so when I start making them I can paint the paper in appropriate colors before punching them out. Nature does not make all flowers in one tone colors. Many flowers are in shades of a color so we need to paint them in variations of color if they are to look natural. I think what I need are more books on flowers, but then with the world wide web I can always find pictures of what I am looking for when I need them.

If anyone has any ideas on organizing them feel free to comment here.

Have a great day!
Debs

No comments: