Monday, January 21, 2008

Way to go Patriots!!!

Happy Monday everyone! I am not a huge fan of football unless my grandson is on the field, but how can anyone live in New England and not be proud of our sports teams. I watched sporadically throughout the games yesterday and was happy to see the Patriots win. I had hoped to see Green Bay win as one of my brothers is a huge fan of that team. It would have been so great to see them on the field with the Patriots, but was not meant to be. Just two more weeks and the season will be over for another year.

I did spend some time over the weekend working on my little parrot and I have the body ready for painting. Want to try to get that done tonight and then feather him tomorrow evening. Sculpting him was not the easiest thing I have done, nor was it the hardest. I think he is presentable and will be able to tell how well I did once he is feathered.

I had rather a quiet weekend as I tend to hole up at home when the temp. goes down. A hold over from childhood and being poor. I HATE TO BE COLD!! I spent the weekend doing the usual weekend chores, laundry, etc. All those things we are to tired to do when we get home from work during the week.

I am one of the millions of people who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis so I conserve my energy for the important things during the week. Fatigue is the one thing I hate about having this disease. I have always taken care of things around the house and now I have to ask for help and it is driving me crazy. I am not one who likes to wait for a time that is convenient. I want to do it then and there or as soon as possible so I find it hard to wait.

I read a story of how someone explained RA to a friend and it really made a lot of sense to me. When you have the disease you only have so much energy to get you through the day. Using a dozen spoons as your allotment for the day you take away one or two spoons for each activity you need or want to do. The more strenuous the activity the more spoons it uses. When the spoons are used up then the energy is also gone and you are done for the day.

One ironic thing about having RA is you do not need a weather man to tell you a storm is coming. When the barometer starts changing then the joints tell really quick that there is a storm or weather pattern of some kind on it's way. The joy of getting old.

No comments: