Wednesday, October 9, 2013

8 DAYS AND COUNTING SINCE MY LAST POST.

WOW!!! I have been remiss in posting.  It has been a busy week.  On Wed. I, again met Patti and Andy at Disney and we had a wonderful day at Hollywood Studios.  It was fun and they had several shows that we really enjoyed watching.  I really didn't take a lot of pictures there as we were to busy.




On Thursday I was a brat as Patti put it and went back to Disney for my first day at Epcot  by myself.  I am used to doing those kinds of thing alone, but I have to confess that it is much more fun with someone who also enjoys just being a kid again in mind if not in body.  I was excited to hear that Air Supply was going to be giving a concert on Thursday and Friday nights.  Thursday I watched it twice.  It had been so long since I have paid a lot of attention to rock bands that I had to do a search for them on the internet.  It was a definite DUH moment when I realized who they were.  I tend to think of what songs are instead of the groups that perform them.



On Friday we had company and I made some new friends.  A couple that Patti and Andy know, Mickey and Mary, came along and we had so much fun together that it felt we had known each other for years.


This month they have an International Food Festival  at Epcot all month so we ate our way around the park sampling things from many different countries.  It really was an interesting mix and a nice way to try different ethnic foods.

We parted company after the fireworks were over and the park had closed with a see you tomorrow. I took a video of the fireworks but it is a full 10 min long and over a gig in size so will not post it here.

On Saturday I drove over to the coast to spend the weekend at Patti and Andy's home.  That was interesting and started off with a bang.  Duncan immediately discovered their cat, Simon, who headed from his bedroom which we were invading for the weekend to the master where he proceeded to hide pretty much until we left.  Patty also has a 25+ year old Cockatiel which Duncan went ballistic over.  Every time the bird made a sound Duncan started barking at the poor thing.  It is amazing that it didn't start barking back at him.  Although if he had Duncan might have shut up.

 One of the best things that has happened this trip is that Duncan has willingly gone up to strange men and let them interact with him.  He has not been like this since the night he spent at the Humane Society lockup just before his first birthday and he is almost three now. Up until now he has shied away from most men.  Now if I could just get him to meet other dogs on leash without trying to go after them.  Although I have to admit he is only that way with dogs who invade his space and put him in on guard mode.



Monday I drove over to Wesley Chapel and met Mary Lou and Wally Hobbs.   Mary Lou is one of my nieces and it was nice to finally meet her.  We had an enjoyable day and Duncan just proceeded to make friends with them as well.  He is getting so good at just making himself at home where ever we happen to be.

Tuesday I again met up with Patti and Andy at Sea World this time.

But first everyone has to have a picture of Flamingos and I am no exception.

They do have a new ride this year called Antarctica which is a great exhibit of Penguins which I enjoyed a lot.  They have 4 different species of Penguin there and Sea World has an extensive breeding program








We had a good day although if it were not for the One World show with Shamu and the other Orcas I would have been very disappointed in the park.  I feel it is getting a worn look and is not as pristine as the parks at Disney.  Seems that corporation bottom line is taking over and it seems that they are not as interested in image so much as they are profit.






 I remember the last time I was there the thrill of seeing one of the trainers come bursting out of the water on the nose of Shamu was the highlight of the show.  Unfortunately since the death of one of the trainers they are no longer allowed in the water with the Orcas but the show was as wonderful as it always was just the same.  There were as many as 6 whales in the pool at one time.

And alas came the conclusion of another wonderful day with friends.  Tomorrow will be my last day with Patti before I head west to finish this first grand adventure and I am so not looking forward to saying goodbye, but rest assured it will not be another 43 years before I see her again.  She gave me a gift of a week and a half with her instead of just the 4 days that were originally planned for by coming home early from her trip and for that I will be ever grateful.

I am having so much fun on this trip seeing old friends, meeting new people and doing many of the things I have done in the past, but with the eyes of wonder at just much life has to offer me now.  I have had 6 days at Disney, one at Sea World and days just spent with friends old and new.  Over the last 18 months I have grown as a person dependent on no one but myself How much better can life get. 

Always remember - HOW GOOD LIFE IS!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME....









i


1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

These are all moments to hang on to and here's to many more of them!