Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Septrmber 29-30, 2013 MAGIC KINGDOM, DISNEY WORLD (THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH)



Sunday, September 29

On Sunday the plan was to meet a dear friend whom I had not seen in 43 years.  Yes we did and time just dropped away and it was like we had seen each other the day before.  Patti and I were stationed in Heidelberg, Germany together.  Oh the escapades we got ourselves into while we were there!!!!  Not to be talked about on this site for sure. 

1969 Best of Buds  Time and Water took their toll but us just the same.

9/29/2013  Nothing has changed in our eyes.  We are still beautiful women!!!

We had an amazing day talking, talking and more talking.  Meeting at Disney where the Dreams really do come true was so perfect for us.  Like two little girls we had so much fun.









Poor Andy was probably thinking - Glad she is only here for a little while.  He is a sweet guy to follow us around while we kind of left him out in left field.




I added a new bead to my bracelet to commemorate this wonderful day.  Spotted the jewelry store and just pointed to it and motioned to Patti and Andy and took off.  Nothing could be more appropriate to my life now.

Stars that shine from my eyes.

For the dreams that are coming true and those yet to come in the future. 

We left the park at 8 PM and parted company with hugs and talk to you tomorrow.

On Monday I returned to the park to wander, see what we had missed the day before and of course I had to go to Its A Small World, and The Hall of Presidents.  I also watched all three of the parades and stayed for the fireworks.  Left at 9:30 so made a full day of it.

And I have to announce that I finally was able to go into a restaurant by myself and have dinner alone.  I was so proud of me.  That was one of the things I have not been able to do since Les passed away and one of my favorite things to do.  It was cafeteria style, but none the less I did it alone.
Will leave you with a few pictures I took over the two days.





It really doesn't matter how old or young you are the magic of Disney World knows no age and was just what I needed. Yes the tickets are expensive and a large part of my entertainment budget is being spent here, but for me it is worth it. And yes even at 64 I still feel like a little girl when I walked through the gate!!!!

Next installment will be the night parades and the miracle of light effects on the castle.

Always remember how Good Life Is - I do!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME.......

1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

An adventure of a lifetime never to be forgotten. Check!