Thursday, October 10, 2013

ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!! REMIND YOU OF A SONG?





But first a little about the antics of the senior crew at Disney Animal Kingdom yesterday.  Now to remind you all, as if I hadn't talked about it enough already.  I have spent 6 days at Disney, 5 of which I walked my little legs off so yesterday I decided to join ranks with the others and rent a scooter so I could ride too.  Here we are the senior brigade.
They actually had the nerve to tell us we could not drag race.  Now what did they think the old ones were gonna do.  Well let me tell ya we had more people laughing at the antics we were pulling and even one of the staff set us up for a race after this picture was taken.  Unfortunately Mary who has her own scooter which, by the way, was a ringer over took us all even though I had a head start.

 And as many of the parks the day ended with a parade.  Many of the floats were almost like puppets and really decorative.

As the day grew short I got quiet which is the norm for me when I really don't want to do something.  Saying goodbye is always hard, but doubly so yesterday.  Life separated us 43 years ago and there is no way we will ever lose touch again.  This friend like my friends from school come and go, but it is like there has been no time passed when we meet again.  I will miss you my friend.

And that leads us to today.  I headed west toward my winter home and did about 350 miles.  I wasn't terribly tired so kept going.  I have crossed into the central time zone and landed in a small town in the panhandle of Florida.  I found a nice campground just off the interstate so easy off/on for me.  I didn't unhook so will have a quick get away in the morning.  Ended up just heating a casserole I had made and froze before I left home. I made some egg salad to have tomorrow while traveling as I am good at not stopping for lunch so if I have it I will take the time.  Tomorrow I am going to pull a long day so I can be near Baton Rouge to see my granddaughter Jessica and also meet another new friend in my Women's RV group.

Oh!  Duncan has decided that he thinks he is going to get away with having an attitude with other dogs now.  Today he thought he was going to take on a Great Pyrenees.  If he is off leash he is not bad, but if he is on he is horrible when we are out walking until he gets to know them.  It makes it difficult  to meet other campers while he is acting up.  I think he will need some behavior training when we get to AZ.

And for those of you who are starting to bundle up today it was in the low 80's with fairly low humidity.   You notice I have taken to wearing shorts or my sundresses pretty much most of the time.  It is a bad time of the year, but I am looking for more shorts to add to my wardrobe as it is just to warm for jeans right now.  Well it time to call it a day and be thankful that I gained an hour today.  Almost like daylight savings.  I can sleep an extra hour in the morning.

Remember - HOW GOOD LIFE IS!!!

Until next time......




No comments: