Monday, June 4, 2012

Being Alone



As I walked through the path of Leamings Garden totally alone,  I realized I was not lonely.  Yes,  I still miss Les like crazy and it still feels like part of me is missing and I expect these feelings to last a long time, but he would certainly want me to take the step toward living again.

I was pondering the meaning of the two words so I looked them up in the dictionary.  Isn't it ironic that they both mean the same thing in some ways.

Alone - separate, apart, or isolated from others - solitary; without company; companionless.

Lonely - affected with, characterized by, or causing a depressing feeling of being alone; lonesome. -solitary; without company; companionless.

I certainly get feelings of depression, but am learning that they can be held at bay.  I try keep busy doing something all the time and am finding more and more that I can be alone, but not lonely.

The following are more pictures taken in the gardens:














 I am trying to remember that:  Life can change in a moment, so we must appreciate every single day we are given.
K Carlson

Until Next Time............


2 comments:

BarbZeee said...

Debs, What a beautiful place. In fact I could enjoy walking down that path..and being alone..I think many of us have been that path as well..even now with my hubby in Philly and me in Florida I get those "blues"..but ya know I've also come to reality..we're only alone if we let our minds tell us..but our hearts..well like the song says, "They'll go on" with lots of wonderful memories...I'm enjoying your adventures in life as well..mine are parked for awhile but soon will be on the road again..God Bless Zeee and Critters 3

TravelingLongdogs said...

These are some great photos. I think you are doing great Debs. Being alone isn't always bad. Sometimes we need that time alone. It helps to have something you want to do. I think what is worse is when we feel lonely but we aren't alone.