Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dreams - what do they tell us?

Wednesday after a day of unpacking and finding places for the food in the fridge I just kind of relaxed and let my body catch up to my mind.

Went to bed at about 10 PM and it seemed that I started dreaming almost immediately even though I know that was not the case.

My handsome husband in 1980


A little background info to begin with.  Before I left on my journey I had several nights that I had dreams I didn't remember, yet seemed to have the feeling that Les was telling me all the things I needed to do or remember before I left.  Didn't have the feeling that he didn't want me to go just that he wanted to make sure I was ready to leave and have a safe trip.  I didn't dream at all while I was gone but did a few things he would have liked to do while I was gone.

On Wed the dream was very vivid and I remembered everything that happened.  I don't know where we were, but he was dressed in bright blue scrubs, was young like he was when I met him and seemed much taller.  We spent a lot of time talking although I don't remember the specifics of the conversation, but it was a very loving conversation.  We sat on a bench with his arms around me during this time.  I had this feeling of being safe in his arms and having this calm around me.

Can it be that he was welcoming me home?  Is he here still?  How do I feel about this?  Kind of freaked out wondering if he has not been able to pass through the door to the other side.  A couple of times right after he passed away I have heard someone walking the hall in the house and I have felt him put his arms around me so maybe he is still here with me.  I do feel comfortable with him being here and I have the feeling he will leave when I don't need to feel him close anymore although I can't imagine that day coming anytime soon.  I just wonder why I didn't feel him with me when I was traveling. 

I talked to my grief counselor on Thursday about it and she said she would not discount this as she had heard many similar stories over the years.  

Until next time..................


1 comment:

Snookie said...

Deb,
Here's my take on this. I believe that sometimes our loved ones hang around just to make sure we're ok.

I don't know what would happen if they weren't but I think they are near and perhaps come to you in a dream to remind you of things to do (like you just experienced) if you are going on a new adventure like you just did.

When you did the things that you knew Les would enjoy, he was with you my friend. I think you are right if you feel that he is near and still with you.