Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bethany Beach, Delaware

After leaving Fenwick Lighthouse we stopped in Bethany Beach.   There I was introduced to a man made dune that has been created to protect the boardwalk which is traditional wood the like which I have not seen since I was a young woman (a million years ago).  To protect the dune from erosion they have planted sea grass for what seemed like miles up the beach.




As we walked away from the beach I spotted a Hydrangea bush with every color on the same plant.  It was so amazing to see I had to take a couple pictures.


I was also introduced to a Peter Toth Sculpture.
I will leave this for another post when I will write more about Mr. Toth and his amazing totems.

I am trying to remember that:  Life can change in a moment, so we must appreciate every single day we are given.
K Carlson

Until Next Time............

1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

I never thought about them planting seagrass but I guess that makes sense. Looking forward to the art.