Thursday, June 7, 2012

What is a feeling?

Sunday and Monday

Sunday I spent the day at the campsite ignoring the black hole that was trying to swallow me.  It was a rainy day with some spots of sun.  Duncan and I went for a couple of walks and all I could think about was the time when Les could still walk with me.  I miss him so much and I can't seem to get past it.  I walked around the lake at the campground taking pictures and carrying on a conversation with him as I went.  Duncan kept looking at me like I was crazy as he knew I wasn't talking to him.  Good thing I was alone and no one was around as they would have thought me nuts.  Some pictures of our walk.
Mountain Laurel

Moutain Laurel Closeup


Campground from across the lake
Looks like a burial vault to me, but why here.

Lizard peaking out in the sun.

When I got close he pulled back under the cover.


Sun Setting between the trees

Perfect framing of sun on the water




Beach at the campground


Monday I couldn't get out of my hole and stayed inside again just taking Duncan out to potty.   I can see me becoming very reclusive if I don't watch it.  I started thinking it is time to go home and get started on all the things I need to go there.

One light note of the day.  Strawberries are ready here and I got some in Delaware so made a shortcake for dessert Monday night.  Using 3-2-1 cake it is easy to have your cake and eat it to.  This mix is great for the single person.  You need one angel food cake mix and one regular cake mix (any flavor).  Pour both mixes into a large ziplock bag and mix them together well.  You then take a coffee mug put three tablespoons of the cake mix and two tablespoons of water, mix well and pop into the microwave for one minute.  Walla you have a single portion piece of cake.  I used lemon cake mix and it was great with the strawberries.  Other travelers have used strawberry mix for it as well.


Yup that is real whip cream.  If I am going to drown my grief I am going to go down in style.

1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

I think you are going to have some days like these but you will work your way through them the best way you can. Hang in there.